CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions Scrap Metal Q & A CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by johnc johnc 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

CHULIPA
    Participant

I have been collecting scrap brass and copper for 2 years now. I have a few 55 gallion drums full of the stuff.

Being new to this I don’t know what to do as in, sell it all at 1 time, or sell it little bit at a time.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

joshua80
    Participant

Sell it all at once. Be sure to use the iscrap app to check prices at local scrap yards. Once you find the yard with the best prices make sure you have your number one and number 2 copper seperated from each other to get the most for your load. Also make sure all your brass is seperate and you dont have any brass fittings on your copper as it will be down graded to dirty copper.

Agree with Josh. It is best to sell it all at once. Check the prices with the iScrap App  and your local yards. The copper prices just jumped a bit so it may be a good time to sell now before they dip down again.

James Abrams
    Participant

Have you separated it. There are different types of brass. Red brass, yellow brass, Irony or dirty brass, and ferrous brass which is mainly steel with brass on it some scrapyards will buy that at a higher rate than the regular steel depending on how much steel contamination there is. Most of the times segregating out the different types of material you have can get you more money when you sell. Bring a sample of the different types of brass you have to your local yard and they should be able to tell you what they will pay for each type. Keep Scrappin!

jason swallow
    jason swallow
    Participant

Save the plugin ends from your electronics also. Watch youtube and subscribe to moose the scrapper and original feets . They have helped out alot for me. Save all switches and relays in tvs and other electronics. They contain silver contacts

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jason swallow
    jason swallow
    Participant

The relays look like this

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Trey LaParque
    Trey LaParque
    Participant

Thank, Jason. Good to know, I need any& all assistance, as I like the escrap, not ruling out any scrap mind you, but escrap piques my interest I suppose cause of all the lil bits of curiosity filled w/ $$ potential. I read some, but I’m a hands on kinda learner,so occasionally I take a part off a board & crack it open, check out its guts. I’m sure I could look it up, but where’s the fun in that!

Trey LaParque
    Trey LaParque
    Participant

But disiphering(sp?) Between the similar colored metals is definiatly an area of needed improvement. Especially on escrap, where there are several types in a small area, but hidden, minimal use or tiny pieces of which to deduce from…

any suggestions of reference material or tips to aid in this matter, would be of great appreciation… Thanks

Davers
    Participant

Hope you sold all your Copper & Brass Cause it seems the price keeps dropping.

Good Luck Davers

johnc
    johnc
    Participant

I know this is a order post. If you have that much copper and brass. Call different yards and tell them how much you have. And they will give you a better price. The yards that don’t give you a better price for having a lot of copper and brass don’t deal with them anymore. The one that does. That’s the yard you want to deal with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.