E-Scrap Parts Manual- Free Download

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions E-Scrap Scrapping Section E-Scrap Parts Manual- Free Download

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Darksky1x Darksky1x 2 hours, 54 minutes ago.

• Author
    Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

OK Everyone, the “E-Scrap Parts Manual” is finally finished! It took two years to put everything together but it’s finally all came together and if you want a copy all you have to do is download it.

If you have any problems downloading it or any questions please let me know.

One thing, if, after you download it, you find it useful please make a post to this thread and let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2Ske9lGGPzOVNic0lYaHFSdEE/view?usp=sharing

ScrapPinky
    ScrapPinky
    Participant

I want to buy a autographed copy

Janet Scott
      Janet Scott
      Participant

I know right! Me too. This is going to be a big deal. If you ask me.

Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

Sure you do, lol.
    However, donations are accepted. If you decide to donate:

1) log in to paypal.com
    2) click on “send & request” on the top of the page
    3) click on “pay for goods or services”
    4) enter the email address “searcher1x@gmail.com” and click “next”
    5) enter the amount you want to donate and click continue

**MAKE SURE THAT IF YOU DONATE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN NOTIFY YOU OF UPDATES AND REVISIONS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

Again, E-Scrap Parts Manual is free and you can download and distribute IT freely as long as you distribute the manual in its entirety. Donations are NOT required but are appreciated. However, I am currently working on additional chapters to add to the manual and as the chapters are finished and added only those who have decided to donate will be provided the link for the updated, revised manual

ScrapPinky
    ScrapPinky
    Participant

It’s a great read so far, well worth a donation.

ScrapPinky
    ScrapPinky
    Participant

E-scrap is a secret worldc seems like no one talks about escrap….

Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

I think the real problem is e-scrap is still a new industry and there are a lot of unknowns. That’s the main reason I wrote the book. Don’t know if I told you but originally when I started putting everything together it was for my use only. I knew nothing about e-scrap so I figured I’d do some research and make some notes for my personal use.

Once I started the research I discovered that for a lot of the components (not all) it was almost impossible to find any information anywhere as to what materials they were made of. Almost like it was a trade secret or something. Some of the components in the manual I spent days, even weeks on, just trying to find some information about their composition.

The harder the info was to come across the more determined I became to finding it. That’s one of the reasons it took two years to put everything together. Writing was easy, the research was a real challenge. if people want to use that info to become better at e-scrapping, then they are welcome to it. If they don’t, that’s not a problem either.

I

ScrapPinky
    ScrapPinky
    Participant

I’m starting with ICC’s. It seems like ebay is a better market than boardsort. I think I’m starting to look at boardsort as all else failed I’ll send this to boardsort. The main things I’m collecting now are crystals, tantalum caps, ICCS, and MLCCs. I started saving gold pins and fingers I haven’t trimmed any yet but I will once I get 50lbs. My scrap yard takes to boards so I’m set getting rid of the cherry picked items. I still strip the insulated wire, sell mixed computer wire, break down yokes, sell aluminum heat sinks and scrap sheet aluminum and keep the steel til I have a truck load. I get diffrent loads each time it’s crazy like yesterday we got 2 laptops 25 pounds of phone/computer chargers, 4 cameras, and 2 rear projection big screens. As of now it’s just pick up free stuff. My son and I created a side hobby called pinky’s E-Waste Recyling and metal salvage. We get several calls a week. And have routine pickups from electronic repair shops. There are so many components it’s crazy and your right the information is extremely hard to come by. I’d like to find a online forum that’s active in escrap this one isn’t lol. But your right at the end of the day business is business and what others do or don’t do is up to them.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by ScrapPinky ScrapPinky.
    Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

>Daryl, Thanks, and I’m happy that you find it useful.

If you have any questions or I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know

Janet Scott
      Janet Scott
      Participant

I have an super old IBM computer from the 80’s. Do you know of anyone who collects super old stuff like that or is it just scrap and if so is it worth scrapping? What about super old cell phones like the brick kind? Also I have some old CB radios that don’t look like they have much gold at all in them.

Darksky1x
      Darksky1x

>Janet Scott, First, thanks for the kind words and I’m glad you like the manual. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.

As for the IBM computer from the 80’s, does it still have a CPU in it? If so, take a picture of the processor and post it here, it could be worth a lot of money depending on what it is. Those old CPU’s are hot collectors items if you have the right one.

Not sure if you know this, but the older computers, especially those from the 80’s have a lot more gold in them than the computers from the 90’s and up. Matter of fact, if you have the time and are interested, open the computer up and take some pictures of the MB and other components inside and post here. if you do that I can give you a better idea of just what you have, what it’s worth and the best place to sell it.

Thanks again and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

ScrapPinky
    ScrapPinky
    Participant

Daryl what branch? And state do you live in now?

V4vetsEwaste
    Participant

>ScrapPimky

Ten years Navy, 18 years DAV.. Living in Arkansas

Janet Scott
    Janet Scott
    Participant

Wow!! What an awesome manual! This is exactly what I needed! You are the E-scrap God! Very well done. I am impressed. I can’t wait to spend more time learning what is what. I would just like to say “WOW” again. Thank you for taking the time to make this manual. You rock.

V4vetsEwaste
    Participant

I downloaded your book. I love that you have colored pictures to help describe these pieces. I am new to the E-waste scrapping. I had to medical retire from the Disabled American Veteran due to my Service connected disabilities. I got started out boredom Scraping old Dell and Wang computers my Dad had setting around. Now I have two schools give me all of there outdated e waste. Your book will come in handy Thanks.

Daryl

V4vetsewaste@gmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.