Items the Serious E-scrapper Should Always be on the Look Out For

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions E-Scrap Scrapping Section Items the Serious E-scrapper Should Always be on the Look Out For

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 week ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Today, while reading different articles on a few recyclers websites I stumbled across a list of different items that the e-scrapper should always be on the lookout for. It’s a pretty good list so I thought I would share it with all of my friends on this forum.

I hope you find it useful

-Air Conditioners*
    -Appliances, including gas and electric stoves, clothing washers and dryers, and dishwashers*
    -Audio equipment, including components and speakers*
    -Automotive components and accessories*
    -Cable and satellite television equipment*
    -Camcorders*
    -Cell phones*
    -Coffee makers and electrical hot pots
    -Computers – including older desktops and laptops of all kinds*
    -Computer peripherals, including monitors, modems, and keyboards*
    -Construction and industrial equipment*
    -Copiers*
    -Cutlery and flatware
    -Digital and film cameras*
    -Electrical equipment of all kinds, including wall clocks, answering machines, humidifiers, and GPS units*
    -Electrical toys and games
    -Fax machines*
    -Home alarm equipment*
    -Home wiring, breaker boxes, circuit breakers, and other electrical equipment
    -Hot tubs and spas
    -Industrial equipment
    -Jewelry
    -Lamps and light fixtures
    -Landscape lighting and transformers
    -Metal and metal-plated windows and window frames
    -Metallic paints
    -Microwaves*
    -Musical instruments and equipment, including electric guitars, -keyboards and amplifiers*
    -Opening systems for fences and gates*
    -Photographic and x-ray film
    -Plumbing parts
    -Power tools
    -Radios*
    -Remote controls*
    -Stereo components*
    -Telephones and telephone equipment*
    -Televisions and related components, including VCRs, DVD players, and outdoor antennas*
    -Thermostats
    -Toasters and toaster ovens
    -Water heaters and water softeners

* Note that items marked with an asterisk (*) may contain circuit boards with gold that can be recycled and reclaimed

Nancy L
    Participant

Morning Darksky1x! Thanks for the list; looks like your sky is lighter and brighter today! (Did your team win last night?!)

Anonymous

Thanks Nancy L. I appreciate the kind words. Every day is a beautiful day! Actually i don’t watch football anymore. I used to be fanatical about the sport but that was many years back.

You see Nancy L, I used drink a pint of Smirnoff every night when I was in business. Seemed to be the only way I could get the business off my mind and get to sleep for a few hours. At least that’s what I use to tell my self, I now know that was just an excuse. Since I was working seven days a week I was drinking seven days a week. .

But, after years of drinking I started to feel the effects of it and realized that If I did not stop I would probably be dead in a year. So, I gave it up. Wasn’t easy, but once I set my mind to something I’m pretty good at following through.

That was 21 years ago and I’ve been sober ever sense. So why did I tell you (and the world) this?

Simple, I found that many of the things I was so passionate about were directly tied to drinking, football was one of them. So, when I quit drinking I also lost the passion for football.

It took several years but little by little I developed new passions that had nothing to do with drinking. E-scrap is one of those passions.

Poetry is another one of my passions and around 12 years back I had a book of poems published. Mistake I made was choosing the wrong publisher who screwed me (and several other authors) over royally! Took a class action suit to finally get the rights to my book back.

Anyway, thanks again for you kind words and I hope you have a fantastic week!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.