Lithium Ion Batteries

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions E-Scrap Scrapping Section Lithium Ion Batteries

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

maor8635
    Participant

I’ve ran into laptop batteries several times. Not huge loads, but maybe 30lbs here and there…

My local scrap yard buys them for .35/lb.

• Is this a fair price?
    • Any suggestions on the going rate in central Florida, or east coast?
    • Any suggestions for a better outlet?

Thanks in advance,

maor8635

That sounds like a pretty fair price for batteries. You are lucky that you have found a yard that buys them in the first place. There are a lot of yards that don’t buy them at all.

everyouncecounts
    everyouncecounts
    Participant

I concur…just yesterday I had to bring a bucketful if them back with me because my yard doesn’t take them. They did, however, take my laptops for scrap. I have found there is too much work for too little reward in laptops…
    Just my .02

Jay Dutil
      Participant

To the post above:

I find your post ironic looking at your username.

Desktops are king, but laptops are a close second.

Motherboards sell for average 2.5 to 4 bucks a pound, gold finger ed cards (almost always the RAM cards) are around 10 bucks a pound…

And yards pay you what, like .15-.40 cents per pound for the whole complete laptop? Totally worth the 15 or so minutes it takes to pull out the cards. High grade circuit boards have some of the highest returns by a weight in the whole game.

Regarding Li-Ion batties:
      It kills me how picky buyers are for these. They will buy Laptop and Cell Phone batteries, but not the Li-Ion batteries themselves. For those who don’t know, a laptop battery is just a 6 cell Li-Ion batty. This means it’s just a plastic housing containing 6 18650 sized Li-Ion batteries, which are sold individually all over the place for use in many applications, mainly e-cigs, flashlights and (high end) lasers pointers. I have a bucket full of the individual batteries that i can’t sell, but if they had a bunch of plastic around them, I could? Li-Ion is Li-Ion….

Most Li-Ion battery buyers will also buy NiCad and NiMH batteries too, but not for nearly as much.

treasurehunter
    treasurehunter
    Participant

Out of the two yards I go to, one buys NiCAD batteries but no other Batts

jason swallow
    jason swallow
    Participant

Ive got about 2 _5gallon buckets full.

Trey LaParque
    Trey LaParque
    Participant

Ive just tossed em with the sheet tin/short iron but I only have a few here & there, not enough worth to shop around for prices.

John Floyd
    Participant

Boardsort.com has these for .70$ a lb currently.

“Li-Ion Laptop Only Batteries (Must say Li-Ion!) (Tape over any exposed battery terminals!) $0.70 per pound”

Boardsort Price list

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  John Floyd.
    treasurehunter
    treasurehunter
    Participant

Boardsort.Com is paying .70 a lb for laptop batts, .25 for cell phone batteries. However with Boardsort.Com remember shipping… you need a lot of batts to make it worth it.
    My local yard is buying nicads for .70/lb and lead acid batts for $5-20 a piece

waynewjwu
    Participant

Hello Y’all,

Im working for a electronic recycling company in Houston, Texas. We buy
    most E-waste, and the price are more than reasonable.

Like laptop batteries, its $0.80/lb. if you are in Houston area, you can contact
    me at wayne@gserecycling.com

Wayne

jason swallow
    jason swallow
    Participant

Bordsort.com currently is pricing lab top li-ion batteries for $1.35

nickton
    Participant

It seems hardly worth the effort of sending them off to board sort after paying for shipping. I had a bucket full that would have cost a good 50 or sixty dollars I imagine to ship via USPS. Maybe more. How about those little L ions inside computers? How can you test if they are still good, who takes them, and are they explosive? I have a small drawer full of them I was wondering about.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  nickton.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  nickton.
    Cademics
    Cademics
    Participant

Hey guys,

Am an Erecycler based in Lagos state of Nigeria. I collect, cell phone lithium batteries as well as laptop batteries.
    We also collect scrap cell phones.

Is anyone interested or have a company to suggest to me in the US?

Thanks in advance
    IG @cademics_erecycler
    Facebook: cademics E-recycler

pawan bawa
    Blocked

We buy lithium ion batteries for recycling. kindly mail at below mentioned id.

+919930547498
    pawandeep@attero.in

Anonymous

Asia (Guangzhou) Battery Sourcing Fair 2017 (GBF ASIA 2017)
    Date:August 16th-18th, 2017
    Venue: China Import & Export Fair Complex
    Add: No.380, Mid of Yuejiang Road, Haizhu Distract, Guangzhou, Guangdong
    Organized by: Guangdong Grandeur International Exhibition Group

How about GBF Asia 2016
    It’s estimated that nearly 100 exhibitors will attend GBF Asia 2016. Welcome to join us and to find business partners from GBF Asia 2016. Partial exhibitors are recommended as follows: Shenzhen Mashine Info & Tech Co.,Ltd.,Huizhou Shen Hong Technology Co.,Ltd.,Shenzhen Yaluxing New Energy Material Co.,Ltd.,Shenzhen Shenbo Automation Co.,Ltd.,XI’AN SINOFUSE Co.,Ltd,MIKROUNA Mechanic & Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd. ,Shenzhen Tianweisaili Mechanic & Electronics Equipment Co.,Ltd,Guangzhou SIGNODE Smart Technology Co.,Ltd,Dongguan SHOLASER Technology Coo.,Ltd,Shenzhen Phaeton Innovative Technology Co.,Ltd.,Shanxi Deyi Technology Co.,Ltd.

China, the Best Choice to Purchase or Explore Market
    China is the battery manufacturing and trading base around the world, while China has occupied more than half of the total amount of global battery products, among which approximately 80% of the products are for export. Statistically, above-scale battery manufacturing enterprises nationwide have made 17.1% growth of main business revenue, along with 54.2% growth of total profit, year on year. Meanwhile, the main business revenue on lithium-ion battery products achieves year-on-year growth of 31.6%, with 103.8% year-on-year growth of total profit. The lead-acid battery in China has ushered booming development while the annual growth rate is about 30%. It is predicted that the nationwide lithium battery markets in 2016 and 2020 will respectively reach 59.6 billion yuan and 200 billion yuan.

Exhibition Scope
    Various kinds of batteries
    Combined batteries for cellphones, interphones, cordless telephone, laptops, digital cameras, portable DVD, emergency lights, electric toys, UPS, railway locomotives and passenger cars, ships, etc.
    Power batteries and management systems for electric tools, electric bicycles, electric vehicles, etc.
    Energy storage batteries for wind power generation systems, solar photovoltaic systems and wind-solar hybrid systems, etc.
    Power storage application and engineering
    Battery materials and accessories
    Battery manufacturing equipment and testing devices

Two relevant fairs held under one roof, sharing the exhibitors and buyers!
    The 6th Guangzhou International Power Products and Technology Exhibition (Power Expo 2016 )
    The 8th Guangzhou International Solar Photovoltaic Exhibition (PV Guangzhou 2016)

Contact us:
    Guangdong Grandeur International Exhibition Group
    Contact Person: AileenChen
    E-mail: Aileenchen1@yeah.net; Aileen2017@yeah.net
    What’App: +86 15089702986
    Tel:+86 20 19806525
    Fax:+86 20 82579220
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aileen.chen.752861

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.