metal classification question

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions Scrap Metal Q & A metal classification question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dhsjgordon 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

dhsjgordon
    Participant

I might be able to put my hands on a crap ton of welding wire for darn near nothing. I know nothing about the stuff, so I don’t know how to look up what it might be worth, and I am wondering if it is worth spending the money on gas to go and get it.

Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

>dhsjgordon, sorry it took so long to get back to you with an answer but here’s the problem; I’m assuming you are talking about MIG wire for a wire feed welder. To my knowledge there are at least 10 different types of MIG wire available: Aluminum, Bronze Alloy, Carbon Steel, Copper Alloy, Low Alloy Steel, Nickle Alloy, Stainless Steel are a few types that come to mind.

Depending on what type MIG wire it is it could be worth a few dollars.

Hope this helps.

dhsjgordon
    Participant

Okay, well that helps me realize just how much I don’t know about the stuff. Thanks for that response. Glad I didn’t go get it now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.