New to the scrap Community!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  workfreeman 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

JnAscrapteam
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are new to the scrapping world.  We just started about a month ago because times are tough and just like the rest of the world were looking for some extra cash.  Basically when it was that time of the week when people were putting out trash we saw the amount of metal that people were tossing and put two and two together and decided to make $4.00.  We’re still very new and definitaly need some help figuring out ALOT so hopefully thats where you guys come in.  (Needless to say our first week we didnt realize that there is a HUGE difference if you take things apart!!! SOOOOO we lost ALOT of money!)

Anyway, we look forward to hearing any advise that anyone has to offer and if we have any we’ll gladly share!

Thanks alot!

Jim & Angela

Happy to have you here Jim & Angela! Feel free to ask questions look around for answers and browse all the information we have. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

nate
    Participant

New to the forum, I have one question. What is the diameter of bare bright copper, some people saw bigger than #2 pencil but is there a specific size (diameter) any help much appreciated.

workfreeman
      Participant

Hi Nate, I had the same question about wire size for the difference between #1 and #2 copper wire and got the same answer, figured out if I wasn’t sure about something I took a sample of what I had and talked with the people at the scrap yard. Figured I’ll clean it the way they want it to get the most I can out of it. Hope this helps.

everyouncecounts
    everyouncecounts
    Participant

Nate, bare,bright copper wire is a condition, not a size. It can be any diameter. It has to be stripped and shiny.

Anonymous

Basically when it was that time of the week when people were putting out trash we saw the amount of metal that people were tossing and put two and two together.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.