not a tool from a store

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions Tools & Equipment for the Job not a tool from a store

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy L 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jesscohauling
    Participant

I been scrapping since I been 5 started out helping my dad after he got off of work then as I got older it was the best thing my dad ever taught me how to do. The extra money earned from it has helped me out a lot over the years. Now being a sub contractor I get alot more scrap then I ever have before and now it feels like a second full time job for me. Anyways all the years I been scrapping there’s a lot of times come across stuff that need to knock out rivets or pins out of to get apart so I was always having to drill holes into a piece of wood to be able to do this but the wood would break after a lot of uses. Anyways I was given a engine out of a car to scrapping I broke it all down the block has been in the scrap pile a lot of times to be hauled in but I would end up pulling it out to use the holes in it to knock a rivets out or a pin to take something apart. Now that I been getting scrap to do everyday the scrap engine block has became one of my most used homemade tool I have ever received so next time you turn a piece of scrap in for a few extra dollars think outside the box that piece may actually be useful to help you make a lot more $$$$

Nancy L
    Participant

Neat…although a BIG tool! LOL I’m always thinking, oh yea I could make something out of this, but that stuff adds up quick and you finally say well maybe next time, I need to haul this stuff in now. But yea for those who have the room and the know how …recyle for new use!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.