Number 1 copper?

Home Forums Scrap Metal Discussions Scrap Metal Q & A Number 1 copper?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Darksky1x Darksky1x 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Rudy Muscetta
    Participant

Would this go as No 1 I’ve got quite a lot left to strip and will be doing it regardless!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    scrapman77
    scrapman77
    Participant

At my yard that would be number one copper.

Darksky1x
    Darksky1x

After looking carefully at your picture I noticed there seems to be some foreign objects in the bag. You can see them at the top and bottom of the bag underneath the stripped wire. They have a yellowish tint too them. They appear to be “Yellow Brass. If so make sure you remove them from the stripped wire and turn that material in separately

Clearly they can’t be copper, not with that color. What are they? In any case make sure you remove from the bag before you turn your material in.

YB pays a lot less that C&B or #!. If you turn the YB in mixed with the C&B or #1 the yard will downgrade your entire load to YB. That will cost you a lot of money and you will end up making a post to this forum complaining about how the yard took advantage of you and ripped you off. You have been warned, how you choose to proceed is entirely up too you

Too answer your question, NO most yards classify clean, stripped wire in a different categorize called “Clean and Bright”. Most of the time a yard will pay a few pennies more for “clean and Bright” then they will for #1. I say most of the time, a lot of yards will still classify the material as “Clean and Bright” but pay the same for C&B as they do #1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help? Contact us using this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.